Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sick Day


Blake woke early this morning with a 102 temperature. After rearranging my planned schedule for the day I looked forward to spending the day close to home and crossing off numerous items on my to-do list. I think I changed out of my pajamas around noon, finally went outside an hour after that and took a 45 minute nap. I did get one item crossed off my list, cleaning out the deep freeze for all the deer meat Rex was bringing home from town. After tucking in the kids this evening I finally realized what a blessing this day was. The to-do list remains, but the did list includes: snuggling, taking pictures, giggling, loosing a tooth, reading together, practicing flips, napping, etc.

1 comment:

Jennifer Barrett said...

You know how I feel about having my kids at home...even if they are sick. I'm glad that you can see the blessing in the time you had with Blake and not be discouraged because of the to-do list. Taylor and Kyle are both at a ball game now and Rodney is working on a feeder so I'm sitting here by the "fire" with Sophie and Charlotte and Wilson. I wish you were here too!!!