Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stepping Out

Today I prescribed myself a walk outside. We've had the coldest and snowiest (is that a word?) winter since we moved here 5 1/2 years ago. I have loved it, until a week ago. So, although the temperature was hovering at 32 and the wind was biting out of the north, the skies were blue and I needed a reminder of the reasons why I love living in the Ozarks.

Because we can have free range chickens, that eat bugs, provide entertainment, and most importantly provide eggs.
Because there are four distinct seasons. Just when the current season has out lived it's charm the promises for change are found if you look carefully. 





Because we share our home with creatures that are as curious about us as we are about them. I just have to slow down and look for them. And probably the most important reason we are here, if it weren't here I doubt we would have come...The Little Mulberry. 
Dang it! I deleted the picture I was going to put here. Oh well, just look at the Header. It's a great picture of the Little Mulberry, only in a different season.

1 comment:

Patty said...

What a beatiful place you have! I tried to send you an update on Villa Brinkley, but it came back as undeliverable. The address I had was jill@littlemulberry.com Please send me your email address and I will send it again. My address is stonewondercloud@live.com

Patty Ramirez